Saturday, March 14, 2009

FYI & journal entry

Don't go on your myspace page and announce your opinion of Ayn Rand's work as being less than in any way.

You'll find the hardcore lovers of Ayn Rand will jump out and start an argument. I got pulled into a frenzy.......so I had to delete my buddy's girlfriend from my page, things got out of hand. Yikes! My first mistake was to get worked up about all this "going galt" stuff.....how the rich corporations were talking about striking(cutting workers,etc.) in order to punish everyone.....until they got their way. I should stay away from politics.....when my energy is low (its usually messed up from sugar issues)....when my energy is low its easier to get caught up in old issues I used to be passionate about. It's more difficult to be present with thoughts.

The reactionary patterns are hard to break. I knew that it wasn't good to say anything.....at all......when I became stirred up over social/political issues....but I did it anyway. I could sugarcoat it and call it "passion" as in....the good kind...that I'm passionate about something. It doesn't change things though. I could've been patient when she talked down her nose at me......instead of taking it personal. I took it personal, and allowed the patterns to take hold....and my actions were driven by them. No matter, the issue......who's right or wrong on a subject.......it might be better to wait and cool down/gather oneself before doing anything. My thoughts are trying to justify it because of her personality.......she was aggressive/abrasive anyway....but I've been around much worse types of behavior and worse situations. It shouldn't matter the situation. We're all falling in and out of being awake and asleep to our patterns. My thoughts are wanting closure/clear conscience.......the patterns of beating myself up are trying to come in. Another bit of thought comes in and knows that its no big deal.....

Just thought I'd share an unfiltered journal style entry.
...and if you like Ayn Rand.........please don't be offended, I'm just sharing where I went wrong in my approach of trying to get my argument out. At this moment, I'm more interested in peace.....and have no interest in debating or holding a socio/political point of view at all. It ran its course. Peace of mind is more important at this point. It shouldn't have ever been something personal for myself to identify with the "anti rand" crowd. I should've stated my case better.....and been more thoughtful, or just not said anything. I let that "urgency" emotion/trigger......that sense of urgency drive my actions and thoughts into taking it personal. Wayne Dyer used to have things to say........"stop taking things personally." He'd also say that "we don't know enough to be pessimistic." Those simple little quotes of his.....are very practical.

Cheers, J

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I hear humans have big arguments and being "right" is often more important to the people than what is being said. Thanks for the wise words.

    ReplyDelete